Community Service Sites
Information about Sites:
- Community service opportunities in the Tampa Bay area that are approved sites for the Bright Futures scholarship may be found at the following link: http://www.sdhc.k12.fl.us/doc/350/guidance-services/resources/commserviceopp-resource/
- There are sites not listed that may count for Bright Futures hours; however, the main criteria for approval are found in the Bright Futures Community Service Guidelines packet. The organization or event must also be open to the public, addressing a social issue, and community focused. If these criteria are met, the student must ask the School Counselor for approval via the Proposal form found in the aforementioned packet.
- The Bright Futures Community Service Guidelines packet may be found in Guidmii or at http://bdchs.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BF-Community-Service-Guidelines-Packet-2013-2014.pdf
- For additional information about community service and potential sites, please review the "Community Service Hours Info Sheet" below.
Friday, February 9, 2018, is the annual BDCHS Community Service Day. This is a great time for our Phoenix students to positively impact the local community through volunteer service. Please click the link included below to view the Prezi pertaining to service hours and opportunities. Detailed information about several of the confirmed local service opportunities is included at the end of the presentation as well as posted on the bulletin board outside Student Services.
- Experiencing difficulty viewing the Prezi? If the webpage does not load correctly, refreshing the page usually addresses the problem. In the presentation window, click the rectangle icon in the lower, right corner to make it fullscreen. From there, use the arrow keys on your keyboard, or the arrow keys at the bottom of the screen, to navigate through the presentation.